Welcome to the 1st HERAKLION TANGO MARATHON - On the Roads of Cretan History & Culture. The event is organised by MILONGA PASIONAL.
It will take place during 22-25 March 2019 in Heraklion, Crete at:
○ the famous NTORÉ Hall & Symposia at the heart of Heraklion
○ the beautiful winery LYRARAKIS in Alagni near Archanes, Heraklion
It will include:
○ 30 hrs of Tango Dancing
○ 5 of the best greek DJS's in Tango Music
○ 5 Milongas: 3 night & 1 afternoon Milongas hosted at the NTORÉ Hall & Symposia, with magnificent views of the town, port and sea front. Also, 1 afternoon Milonga at LYRARAKIS Winery
○ Bus guided tour: at LYRARAKIS Winery in Alagni near Archanes, Heraklion, tasting of their exquisite wine varieties.
○ Buffet with drinks, beverages and snacks available in all Milongas
○ Walking tour: Sightseeing around Heraklion medieval monuments (venetian walls & Koules fort), before the start of the dancing programme
For the day of 25 March, we propose free activities that are not included in the Marathon price ticket, such as: visits to the archeological museum or to the Minoan site of Knossos, with public transport and at your own expenses. At the end of the day we aim to organise a special party night - Milonga.
The place, details and price will be announced eventually.
MILONGA PASIONAL is a Tango School that hosts & promotes Argentinian Tango in Athens and other cities in Greece, since 2003. It is mostly known as the biggest open-air Milonga in Greece that takes place every Saturday during Summer on the terrace of Polis Art Café.
Through dance classes, seminars, milongas & educational trips to Buenos Aires, we have become a site of attraction for many tango aficionados. We provide a teaching space for the development of the technique and dancing skills of our students. A place of diffusion of the culture that Argentinian tango represents.
Mrs. Katerina Chatzidaki is the main teacher, event organiser and responsible for the dancing classes. She has been taught by Argentinian teachers in Greece & Buenos Aires. She loves to transmit the spirit & technique of tango as it is experienced traditionally in Argentina.
Milonga Pasional also has valuable partners for the music, the teaching, the school & events organisation.
NTORÉ Hall | LYRARAKIS Winery
All spaces will be appropriately transformed
to host Heraklion Tango Marathon
You can register either as single dancer or in couple.
We would like the event to be gender and role balanced.
So, it is preferable to register, stating your partner's name.
You can easily register in our special registration page at Tangopolix
by clicking the Tangopolix button below
Early Bird Discount
Single Marathon Ticket
All ticket registrations
from 5/12/2018 - 31/1/2019